Friday, July 24, 2009

guilty as charged

I'm an Etsy thief! I know this is frowned upon, but I couldn't help myself after I saw these pillows at littlestitch.

My couches have been naked now for months and I've had some suede fabric folded and collecting dust, just waiting to be made into throw pillows. I just could not decide what to do with them, until I stumbled upon littlestitch's etsy shop. Here's what I came up with. My couches are so happy!

I just used felt and thick embroidery thread and sewed them all together! Really easy and fun. Just the sort of thing I was looking for.

The one on the left uses the same fabric I used for the curtains upstairs.

This one on the far right- lovingly referred to as the "apple tree pillow" by my girls- coordinates with the fabric I used for my downstairs curtains.

I've got a few more in the works. These babies are addictive.

1 comment:

Shana said...

Those are really cute! I think it's ok sometimes to "steal" some crafty ideas from etsy. I think it's one of the great things about etsy, there is so much cool stuff on it, you can't help but be inspired. By the way, I made that recipe you posted for English Lemon Shortbread, though I didn't have lemons. I had LIMES. And they were amazing. Try it next time!