Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Machine Organizer
















I made this for my mother-in-law for Valentine's Day. I had made a few of them for Christmas presents for some sewers I know and my mother-in-law requested one. They're actually pretty handy. You just sit your sewing machine on it and let the pockets hang over the edge of your table. I haven't once had to search and search for my seam ripper since I started using mine.















I also use one of the pockets to stuff the threads I trim off. My floors have never been cleaner.

This is from Simplicity pattern 3776. Pretty easy beginner stuff. There are five sewing accessory projects, one of which they call a Project Organizer that has handles and lots of pockets - I made them last summer and converted (by converted I mean I used shark and lizard fabric, not that I actually changed the pattern) them into travel bags for my boys. It's a good pattern, that 3776.

No comments: