Monday, July 28, 2008

pumpkin


Here She Is
Now, I don't know if I'm breaking some unspoken Girls gone craf-t rule by posting this since I technically did not make it, but I feel like it took an enormous amount of skill on my part to create it. Those skills are 1.) Getting the seed planted in the tiny cup it came in with the help of a 3 and 5 year old (and subsequently replanting it after said 3-year old dumped it out. Twice). 2.) Carefully taking the plant inside and outside so that it would get used to being outside (I don't know if this was neccessary, it just felt right). 3.) Replanting the pumpkin to a larger pot. 4.) Replanting it again once it was large enough to survive the hard clay encrusted dirt we have here. 5.) Lastly, talking to the little (ok, not so little anymore) pumpkin that has grown. That's right, I said talking. It's supposed to be really beneficial to pumpkin plants. It's true. I read it online. So here she is, in all her green glory. I've always wanted a girl.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Ha ha! She's gorgeous! I think there is definitely room for your green gorgeous pumpkin on this blog! Your pincushions are so cute. Would you be interested in a trade?

Shana said...

I would definitely be interested in a trade! What did you have in mind?