Monday, July 13, 2009

Nona's Quilt

Photobucket

It feels so good to finish a quilt. I made this lap quilt as a "thank you" slash Mother's Day present for my mother-in-law, who came and spent a whole week with my kids so we could go on our cruise. I told my sister-in-law Jen about my plans for Louise's gift and she helped me find the pattern in one of her books late one night while we were visiting them in Kansas City. I need to find the instructions and type them here in case I ever want to make this one again. So, pattern will come later. Louise loves these small print reproduction fabrics and they always make me think of her. The kids loves having their Nona here and so did I! We're always so sad when she has to leave. This was my first attempt at machine-quilting- if you can call it that- I couldn't figure out the walking foot or the darning foot method on my Mom's sewing machine. (I need some serious help with that machine. I'm seriously worried I've ruined my mom's antique Bernina, commonly referred to as the '57 Chevy of sewing machines!) So I basically just pushed the quilt through my sewing machine with my regular foot. Kind of a mess, but I still like the way it looks.

1 comment:

Shana said...

That looks so cute Katherine, you are really popping out the projects. Besides stuff for Sewn Sweets I have only one lonely project that just sits around 90% done. I can't seem finish it.